HOW to APPLY
©Enda Bartell, courtesy Farmboy Fine Arts
The Board of Directors meets three times a year in March, June and October.
Pre-qualification phase: Charities must email a Letter of Interest (LOI) and be invited to submit a grant application before doing so. Include a brief description of the organization, Charitable Registration Number, what you wish to apply for and its cost. If the LOI meets the Foundation’s guidelines, we will invite an application for one of the Board meetings. We ask organizations to wait two years from receiving a grant before applying again.
2023 Grant Submission deadlines
- January 18th for the March 30th board meeting
- May 3rd for the June 26th board meeting
- September 13th for the October 25th board meeting
Application phase: Initially, email an electronic copy of the application in PDF format by the grant deadline. Once we have reviewed it, we will request the number of hard copies required. The application must include:
- A contact sheet: full legal name of organization; mailing address, telephone; Charitable Registration Number; name and title of grant writer, mobile number, email and Board of Directors list.
- Cover letter addressed to the Board of Directors from the CEO.
- Project proposal – include a picture and brief description of the equipment you’re applying for.
- Two letters addressed to the Board of Directors to support the need for funding. These can be from the head of the facility, head of the health region, department head or medical director where the equipment will be used.
- Summary of Project Budget Worksheet, downloadable here.
- If funds requested represent a contribution, include the total equipment cost and time frame balance of funds will be raised in.
- If funds requested are for new equipment and/or for new or renovated space, confirm that operating funds are available and when space will be completed.
- Financial statements.
- Vendor quote/s – email these quotes separately from the PDF application.