©Christin Gilbert, courtesy Farmboy Fine Arts
Mr. and Mrs. P.A. Woodward intended the Foundation’s income be spent primarily for the betterment of mankind.
They preferred contributions that assist with proven and advanced techniques, rather than fundamental research projects or administration.
In accordance with the Founders’ directions, the Board concentrates on projects in the health field where there is clear indication of health benefits for the people of British Columbia.
The Foundation provides grants to help purchase medical equipment of proven performance and prefers clinical activities that impact patients directly.
To honour the philosophies and guiding principles expressed by the Founders, the Foundation considers applications from British Columbia organizations in the following general areas:
- Health care equipment of proven effectiveness which directly benefits the patient.
- Equipment for special projects that drive clinical change benefitting the health of British Columbians.
Except in extraordinary circumstances, the Foundation will not support:
- Routine operational budgets
- Fundamental research not directly related to patient care
- Conferences or annual meetings
- Capital building costs